Veeam protects data in the hybrid cloud
is the headline of the news that the author of WTM News has collected this article. Stay tuned to WTM News to stay up to date with the latest news on this topic. We ask you to follow us on social networks.
Veeam has held its annual user conference, VeeamON 2022, the Modern Data Protection conference of the year, providing insight into its product roadmap for the remainder of 2022. Veeam provided a select preview, showcasing innovations around upcoming updates to its single platform to protect all data across all environments – cloud, virtual, SaaS, Kubernetes, and physical. Looking ahead to 2H’22, Veeam demonstrated key innovations from cloud-native solutions (for AWS, Azure and Google Cloud) and SaaS offerings (Microsoft 365 and Salesforce), as well as deeper integration of Kasten by Veeam K10 for Kubernetes and Of course, the highly anticipated Veeam Backup & Replication™ v12.
“We help over 450,000 customers around the world protect their data from malicious actors, and eliminate downtime and data loss”declared Danny Allan, Veeam CTO. “With Veeam, you securely own, control and retrieve your data anywhere in the hybrid cloud. Veeam enables organizations to confidently move to the cloud, avoiding lock-in with cloud mobility. This is the definition of Modern Data Protection, consistent innovation and product-driven growth are on full display at VeeamON 2022 as we continue to set the highest product standards and respond to customer demands to redefine security, secure resilience and deliver future-proof solutions.”
Veeam Backup & Replication v12With over 850,000 downloads of Veeam Backup & Replication v11, Veeam has continued to innovate and expand its feature set with the highly anticipated Veeam Backup & Replication v12. For the first time, Veeam is showcasing V12 at VeeamON 2022, previewing even more capabilities in the cloud, security and enterprise focus areas. Veeam is further strengthening the capabilities customers need in today’s changing IT ecosystem, including the following new capabilities:
- Additional cloud-accelerated features including direct write to object storage and cloud-based agents
- Immutability everywhere provides greater control and protection for even faster recovery from ransomware and protection against cyber threats
- Support for additional business applications and innovations ease second-day operations and optimize for greater efficiency at scale
- Visibility and centralized management of Kubernetes data protection with the new Veeam Backup & Replication plugin for the new Kasten by Veeam K10 V5.0.
“In a context of rising cyber threats, exponential data growth and the relentless adoption of the cloud, protecting data and systems at scale, wherever they reside, has become a must for businesses (of all sizes) around the world”, he claimed Christophe Bertrand, Program Director at ESG Research. “Our research shows that there are significant data protection disconnects – and thus risks of data loss – when it comes to cloud-resident data, applications, containerized services and as-a-service platforms. That’s why this new release of Veeam V12 is significant: it not only builds on its proven platform, but extends the ability to reduce business risk through improved system and data security recoverability at scale. .”
Veeam unveiled V12 at VeeamON 2022, previewing even more capabilities in the cloud, security and enterprise focus areas
Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365 v7
Additionally, Veeam demonstrated advanced monitoring and reporting for the upcoming Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365 v7, expected later this year. As the market leader in Microsoft 365 backup, with over 11M paying contract users, the new version will include enterprise-grade monitoring and reporting capabilities as a result of integration with Veeam ONE, helping to maintain systems and infrastructure running smoothly thanks to built-in intelligence. Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365 v7 provides:
- Total visibility: Single view of the entire Microsoft 365 backup architecture and components
- Proactive management: real-time alerts to quickly resolve data vulnerabilities
- Confidence in SLA – Detailed reports provide peace of mind and protection
Veeam Backup for Salesforce Following the success of its product for Microsoft 365, Veeam has provided a first look at Veeam Backup for Salesforce, a much-requested addition to the Veeam portfolio. With the ability to perform cloud and on-premises backups, the new offering eliminates the risk of losing Salesforce data and metadata. The highlights are:
- Control and flexibility: Own your data, avoid backup and storage lock-in, and deploy your backup environment from anywhere you choose.
- Native Salesforce Backup and Recovery: Built specifically for Salesforce using native APIs. Restore Salesforce records, hierarchies, fields, files, and metadata.
- Quickly recover from data loss: Protect yourself against human error, integration issues, and other common Salesforce data loss scenarios.
“I am excited to showcase these new innovations for the first time to our customers and partners at VeeamON 2022,” added Alan. “The fact that Veeam moved more data in the first quarter of 2022 than we did in all of 2020 shows that organizations need better intelligence, data mobility, a collaborative ecosystem and a hybrid world. We understand the power of data to solve real-world challenges, to change the course of history and its impact on people. Maintaining that data for hundreds of thousands of organizations around the world is a responsibility we are honored to be trusted with.”