Plebiscite 2022 for the new Constitution of Chile, live | Boric: “In Chile we resolve our differences with more democracy, never with less”
is the headline of the news that the author of WTM News has collected this article. Stay tuned to WTM News to stay up to date with the latest news on this topic. We ask you to follow us on social networks.
Some keys of the plebiscite:
– Some 15.1 million people are eligible to pay
– The polls will open this Sunday at 08:00 and close at 18:00 (midnight in Spain / 17:00 in Mexico / 19:00 in Argentina)
– Chileans must answer: “Do you approve the text of the New Constitution proposed by the Constitutional Convention?” It will be decided by simple majority
– The current Magna Carta was drafted in 1980 during the dictatorship of Augusto Pinochet, but both at the end of the military regime and in democracy it underwent important reforms
– In October 2020, 78% supported the idea of a new Fundamental Charter, with a diverse electorate that included the center-left and even certain sectors of the right