Five advantages of an ERP with BI
is the headline of the news that the author of WTM News has collected this article. Stay tuned to WTM News to stay up to date with the latest news on this topic. We ask you to follow us on social networks.
SMEs that use ERP applications with Business Intelligence functions improve their business operations. The combination of functionalities of both systems provides a more complete and detailed vision of the business.
The Spanish ERP firm for SMEs, Datisa, has summarized in five points the main advantages provided by the symbiosis between ERP and BI.
“Although both applications can work independently, the ideal is for them to be integrated or, even better, for the ERP software to include native BI functionalities”, says Pablo Couso, commercial director of Datisa.
ERP with BI
ERP systems that include native BI capabilities enable the conversion of business data into actionable information. And, this, in turn, in the knowledge that SMEs need to boost their growth.
The ERP software stores and classifies the data that is then extracted by the BI to present it in a simple and clear format. And, in a contextualized way to understand the origin of the information and the knowledge it can provide to decide more precisely. These five points summarize the main advantages provided by the symbiosis between ERP and BI:
- Improved business predictions. BI features provide a complete overview of the data stored in the ERP through easy-to-understand dashboards.
- Efficiency in carrying out tasks. BI analyzes information and generates accurate reports without the organization having to dedicate teams specifically to data management and analysis. These resources can be dedicated to more critical business tasks.
These are the five advantages of an ERP with BI that help improve the business operations of SMEs
- Absolute accuracy in reports. Automating data analysis decreases the possibility of making mistakes that could have fatal consequences for the business. In addition, it avoids the duplication of information or its destructuring.
- Predictive and prescriptive analytics. An ERP with BI functionalities allows an effective analysis of historical data while facilitating the prediction of future trends. The combination of both applications facilitates the analysis of historical data, for example, sales performance, allowing the identification of potential growth opportunities or areas for improvement. Regarding prescriptive analytics, they are important in facilitating future business decisions.
- More detailed data analysis. SMEs that use an ERP with native BI functions improve the use and analysis of their business data. And, they have a clearer understanding of what works and what doesn’t in their business processes.