ExtremeCloud, this is the new SD-WAN capabilities
is the headline of the news that the author of WTM News has collected this article. Stay tuned to WTM News to stay up to date with the latest news on this topic. We ask you to follow us on social networks.
The new ways of working that are being adopted in today’s companies require providing secure and reliable connectivity to branches, remote locations and teleworkers, as well as secure access to cloud applications.
On this, Extreme Networks has announced a suite of new solutions that will allow the deployment of more flexible, intelligent and secure network infrastructures by expanding its ExtremeCloud platform to include SD-WAN and infrastructure management capabilities.
“Our new suite of solutions will better equip our customers to move beyond cloud management and begin to profitably use the critical knowledge that makes the network a strategic asset,” said Nabil Bukhari, CTO of Extreme Networks.
Extreme’s new SD-WAN solution enables:
- Simplify the management of remote location connectivity, be it wired, wireless and SD-WAN from a single platform.
- Strengthen security, using a variety of options, from using a built-in firewall to advanced cloud security using the EdgeSentry solution (powered by Checkpoint).
- Improve application performance by optimizing over 4,000 applications and dynamically routing traffic to ensure quality of service for critical applications such as voice and video.
- Improve TCO, thanks to a simple and cost-effective licensing system, which includes hardware, software and technical support services.
ExtremeCloud IQ CoPilot AIOps
For its part, the ExtremeCloudIQ CoPilot AIOps solution has been enriched with new functionalities aimed at improving network deployment, management and operations, while reducing the risk of network failure.
These features have been incorporated following the digital twin philosophy, that is, using the knowledge provided by AI/ML to carry out implementation modeling and simulations, which allow:
- Simplify the deployment, validation and implementation of new network equipment and access points from the cloud. Thanks to these digital twin capabilities, weeks or months can be saved in hardware implementations, by being able to first create a virtual model of the deployment and test it before proceeding with the physical installation of the equipment.
Extreme Networks Extends its ExtremeCloud Platform with SD-WAN and Advanced Network Management Capabilities
- Reduce the mean time to resolution of incidents by using the actionable and usable information provided by AI/ML capabilities.
- Make more efficient use of IT resources, by automatically generating incident reports, without requiring any user action in the event of a network problem.
- Manage the network from any device using ExtremeCloudIQ Companion. IT can run operations flexibly and have real-time visibility into the network, regardless of location or device.
New ExtremeSwitching 5720 Universal Switches
Likewise, the company has presented the new universal switching platforms (switches) ExtremeSwitching 5720, the latest in a series of high-performance switches and a wide set of functionalities, among which the following stand out:
- Support for multiple use cases and deployments by allowing you to run the most appropriate network operating system for each environment, while maintaining the hardware and associated licenses.
- Automate network operations, optimize network provisioning and improve security, thanks to its ability to support Extreme Fabric Connect.