Cisco Optimizes Your Converged Network Solution
is the headline of the news that the author of WTM News has collected this article. Stay tuned to WTM News to stay up to date with the latest news on this topic. We ask you to follow us on social networks.
Cisco has announced major innovations in its converged Routed Optical Networking platform. Aiming to redefine the Internet economy and help service providers bridge the digital divide by connecting more people, places and things, new solutions and features can enable up to 45% energy savings and up to 70% energy savings. % in space.
New features now include new private line emulation technology to transport any legacy service over a converged IP infrastructure, advanced automation software, and consulting services through Cisco Customer Experience (CX), among others.
Sustainability and service guarantee
Designed to reduce opex and capex and meet sustainability challenges, the enhanced Cisco Routed Optical Networking platform increases your capacity and scalability while reducing energy consumption. The modularity and programmability of the Cisco IOS XR operating system minimizes configuration and operation tasks, also using recyclable material in the packaging.
In March 2021, Cisco introduced its innovative Routed Optical Networking architecture, with converged network protocols
New features and enhanced capabilities include:
- NCS 1010 Open Optical Line System for Optimized Transport. Take advantage of both the C and L band to double the capacity of the fiber. Powered by the Cisco IOS-XR operating system, it is an open networking platform to help deploy Cisco optical routing networks in both new and existing installations.
- New Bright 400G ZR/ZR plug-in optics+, which can be deployed on any DWDM network regardless of vendor.
- Standardized Private Line Emulation to facilitate the portability of legacy bit services over an IP/MPLS infrastructure.
- Cisco Crosswork Network Automationwhich now provides multi-layer automation for provisioning as well as optical automation for the entire Cisco optical portfolio.
- Sustainability improvementswith up to 45% savings in energy and 70% in space.
- New Cisco CX Consulting Serviceencompassing planning, solution validation, and extended support to help service providers with their architecture transitions.
“Cisco is committed to driving an inclusive future for all, which means quality Internet access and thus fundamental changes to networks.”, highlights Bill Gartner, Senior Vice President and General Manager of Cisco Optics and Optical Systems. “Cisco Routed Optical Networking takes a ‘less is more’ approach, making it easier for service providers to transition to a more efficient model of building and operating networks, reducing legacy technology and focusing on sustainable components to save costs and protect the environment.”.